It is important to cleanse and exfoliate the neck daily, like what we would do for our face. Unfortunately, many a times we neglect our neck while pampering our face, leading to patchy dark skin that doesn’t match our face’s skin tone. This simple daily care routine is one way to lighten a dark neck.
Daily Care Routine
- Massage the neck with milk as it is an excellent cleanser and toner.
- After cleansing, exfoliate using a natural scrub of sugar with olive oil or lemon juice, which is a natural bleaching agent. Remember to wash off the scrub entirely especially if there is lemon juice as it could react with the sun to further darken your neck!
- After exfoliating, rinse off with water and apply moisturizer to the neck.
- Just as you would with your face, apply sunscreen to your neck as well to prevent pigmentation.
Follow this simple regime every day and you’ll be amazed at the results. It will take time but good things are always worth waiting for!
Soothe with Cucumber
Here’s a method that helps you cool off. Cucumbers do double work in your neck care routine by sloughing off the dead skin cells while brightening your neck.
You will need:
- Grated cucumber(preferred) /cucumber juice
- Rose water
- Apply grated cucumber to your neck.
- Leave it for around 10 minutes.
- Rub the neck gently with cucumber on it, similarly to scrubbing
- Rinse off and apply some rose water.
If you’re using cucumber juice:
- Apply on neck with a cotton ball and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse off and apply rose water.
Bleach with Potato Juice
The great thing about the kitchen is that there are so many natural beauty products you can use! Potatoes are a great bleaching agent, making it an excellent home treatment for dull necks. Catecholase, an enzyme found in potatoes, aids in brightening the neck. Bonus: it heals blemishes if any! Here are some ways on how you can make use of potatoes:
- Slice a cold potato and rub them on the neck for 5 to 10 minutes daily.
- For quick results, add some lemon juice to potato juice and apply the mixture on the neck. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Or, you can choose to apply pure potato juice on the neck before rinsing off.