The idea of a week without makeup is enough to make waterproof mascara streak down many a rouged cheek. But according to one makeup expert, the challenge is worthwhile one for women to consider. It’s good to give your skin a breather from wearing make-up. As much fun as it is to play with makeup, it can be as confidence-boosting, if not more so, to go without it.
“The modern aesthetic is not a face with makeup. It’s not chic anymore. We try to narrow down their skin products, their hair products and their makeup products,” said a magazine beauty editor.
When women aren’t worrying about goopy mascara or cakey foundation, they can concentrate on living life instead of looking pretty.
How To Go Without Makeup
- Concentrate on your skin care. The best way to go without makeup is if you’ve been taking great care of your skin, so you can show it off. If you’re feeling confident about your skin you’re going to feel good about going without makeup as well.
- Get a cleanser, a gentle exfoliant and a sunscreen. Most of the anti-aging creams out there are too rich for a woman under the age 35. If you still feel like you need anti-aging products, incorporate it; but, just like with makeup, less is more.
- Have your lip balm handy. If your lips look healthy and moisturized, you won’t look scraggly.
- If you must have something on your face, try a tinted sunscreen with SPF. They a small amount of coverage and sunscreen — makeup or no makeup, you should wear sunscreen everyday.
How To Go With Less Make-Up
- Swipe on some mascara.
- Apply a bit of a multi-tasking color product — a palette or stick you can use on your cheeks, lips, even your eyes for a touch of color. A quick application will give you a slight amount of polish and a little glow.
- Dump the dozens of products you’re toting around and replace them with two essentials: a sunscreen and a lip balm to keep your lips looking sexy all day long.