The skin is the largest organ in the human body, and it really takes a beating. Aloe Vera can help alleviate this beating. Read on, and we’ll tell you more about Aloe Vera and its healing benefits.
Every day we subject our skin to a rigorous routine. Scrubbing madly with harsh, chemical-laden soaps, peeling away hair with deep slicing razor blades, dousing ourselves with moisture-sucking perfumes and cologne, subjecting ourselves to the scorching sun, beating rain, pelting snow or stinging wind. This leaves our skin wide-open to a whole host of problems such as Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Dryness, Scaling and Flaking, Eczema, Chaffing and Chapping, Sunburn & Allergic Reactions.
If you regularly slather cortisone creams or antibiotic ointments to try and heal these conditions, you may be doing your skin more harm than good because these medicines contain powerful steroids which actually thin your skin and leave it prone to even greater irritations!
Aloe Vera is a cactus-like plant growing in the warmer climates of the world and are described as succulents. Aloe vera is a very popular herbal remedy. The Aloe vera plant (also called Aloe Barbadensis) is unique among plants for its importance in natural skin care. It has healing properties, anti-inflammatory properties, scar reducing properties for wounds.
But that’s not all, aloe vera also:
- Helps cuts, bruises and burns heal faster
- Minimizes scarring
- Relieves heat on the skin caused by sunburn
- Destroys bacteria that try to invade cuts or open wounds
- Forms a protective barrier around achy and sore joints and muscles
- Relieves inflammation and redness
- Soothes itching and helps restore skin’s natural beauty
- Nourishes the skin and tissues with body-loving nutrients such as Vitamin E and Vitamin C